You probably know you “should” be building your email list… especially in 2020, when socials are getting cray cray…
You might have even tried to put out a “newsletter” and encourage people sign up for it. However, here’s a hard hitting truth – people don’t want another newsletter (besides your mom).
Enter in, lead magnets.
A lead magnet, also known as an opt-in or freebie, is one of the best ways to add people to your email list.
For coaches and service providers, your lead magnet is typically a piece of valuable content that you give away to a prospect in exchange for their email address.
For that to happen, you have to think about what is important to your niche audience + a catchy title to make them want to download it.
Here are 10 specific examples you could use as a health coach;
- Checklist or cheat sheet
- Starter Kit
- Invitation to a webinar or event
- Recipes or a meal plan
- Healthy food list
- Discount for products or services
What you offer is important, but so is how you describe what you’re offering.
Here are some tips to consider when naming your lead magnet
- Quantify it with a number, like 5 Things I Wish I Knew Before Ditching Sugar or Steal My 20-Minute Fat Burning Routine
- Reveal something valuable to your audience, like How to Sneak More Veggies into Your Kids’ Lunchbox or How to Survive Vacation Without Derailing Your Diet.
- Or it could be a teaser, with a title like Get a Sneak Peek of My First 2 Modules
So how can you create these lead magnets when you’re not a graphic designer?? I’ve got a HOT tool for you.
In my Facebook Community for coaches, Turn Your Followers Into Clients – I walked them through exactly how to use Canva to create professional graphics for FREE. It’s such an impressive tool but it can also seem overwhelming. Don’t miss the training, join the group for free and I’ll see you inside!